What is Coronavirus? Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that originate in animals but are known to cause respiratory illness in humans, particularly during the fall and winter months. Other novel coronaviruses have included Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV).
COVID-19 is primarily spread through respiratory droplets, which means to become infected, people generally must be within six feet of someone who is contagious and come into contact with these droplets. It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads. Symptoms of COVID-19 appear within two to 14 days after exposure and include fever, cough, runny nose and difficulty breathing.
As we prepare for the inevitable battle with COVID-19 that is upon everyone, Netflash will be implementing the following protocols to ensure the best support possible for you:
• We will be limiting public access to our offices (if you have a fever or any respiratory symptom, cough, shortness of breath or have just returned from outside of Canada) please stay home and get well.
• Netflash will also be waiving any Internet data overage charges until the end of April and will re-assessed accordingly.
• Any accounts behind as of March 15 and onward will be given a 60 day grace period and will not be automatically suspended.
Please ensure that you are staying up to date and getting the correct information from the source.
Government of Canada COVID-19 Update:
Ontario COVID-19 information is available at: https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus
The Waterloo Region Public Health unit can be reached at: https://www.regionofwaterloo.ca/en/health-and-wellness/2019-novel-coronavirus.aspx or 519-575-4400 .
As a reminder, please ensure to do the following to not only protect yourself, but also your friends and family:
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Cover your mouth and nose with your arm when coughing and sneezing
- Avoid all non-essential travel
- Practice social distancing by keeping a safe distance of 1 metre apart from others
If you think you have 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, use this self-assessment to help determine if you need to seek further care.
To help limit your exposure to other people, please leverage technology. Some examples are:
• Apple users can use FaceTime
• PC user users can use Duo / Skype
• Common Chat platforms are WhatsApp, Slack
• For business video conference calls
Free & Paid services such as Zoom https://zoom.us and https://demio.com
Free service such as https://jitsi.org
Any questions with regards to your service, please do not hesitate to contact at 519-741-8167 or email@example.com.
Thank you & Stay Safe!
The Netflash Team